Interested in joining our team? Check out our current openings below.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and portfolio (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Oni Press is seeking an enthusiastic, hardworking, and detail-oriented individual to join our team as Marketing Coordinator. This position will report to the Director of Marketing and will work closely with the marketing team on a variety of tasks including content development and execution for Oni’s social channels, coordinating with digital vendors on title metadata, creator care and communication, asset development, and marketing campaign planning and analysis.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Work closely with Marketing team to incorporate digital marketing efforts into the strategy on a per title/imprint/brand basis, as well as contributing to larger branding/marketing efforts
- Maintain Oni’s social media calendar, coordinate content and schedule all social media for the Oni Press online brand and provide regular analytics reports
- Identify and connect with key bloggers and social media influencers
- Identify new virtual opportunities for creators to participate in on social platforms
- Spot and contribute to trending content
- Amplify backlist titles on social platforms and assist with backlist title marketing
- Coordinate with digital vendors such as INscribe and Comixology to supply monthly title metadata and communicate scheduling changes
- Assist the Director of Marketing on asset creation and distribution for items such as bookmarks, posters, and bookplates
- Provide departmental assistance on creator care and communication, responding to consumer inquiries, scheduling meetings, updating marketing plans and campaign recaps, and scheduling special events and appearances for book launch.
- Assist with the promotion and marketing of the Oni online shop
- Represent the company at public events, conventions, etc. by attending annual trade shows and other external engagements when necessary
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s Degree with 1-3 years in marketing; publishing experience preferred. Strong understanding of the comics and graphic novels industry a plus. Experience in social media management on all major platforms and understanding of social media best practices and social media measurement tools.
Technical Skills: Must have knowledge of all major Social Media platforms, Google Suite, Hootsuite or other social scheduling platform. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, Basecamp, AirTable, Facebook Business Manager, Shopify, Wordpress a plus.
Language Skills: Must have excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Oni Press is seeking a full-time Graphic Designer to join our production team! We are looking for someone who is self-motivated with a strong work ethic and the desire to grow. This position has a primary focus on designing comic books, trade paperbacks, graphic novels, logos, promotional materials, merchandise, social media graphics, and more. A strong candidate will be able to work in both print and web formats as well as being proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite. Strong communication both written and verbal with high attention to detail is required. Our ideal candidate must be deadline-conscious, able to multitask, problem-solve, prioritize, and stay organized amid changing daily responsibilities. This position will work closely with the Editorial, Marketing, and Production departments to ensure that the designs meet brand standards and guidelines.
- Associates degree in Graphic Design or a minimum of 3 years of experience in Graphic Design.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Full understanding of Mac platform, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Acrobat. Experience with A Better Finder Rename, Transmit, Google Docs, Rightfont, and Barcode Producer a plus.
- Manage and prioritize simultaneously occurring projects, well-organized, self-motivated and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively present designs in one on one and group settings.
- Current portfolio of work that displays a critical eye for design and understanding of print.
- Able to take direction, work independently and ask questions when help is needed.
- Familiar with color separations, color management and trapping a plus.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Design comic books, trade paperbacks, graphic novels, logos, promotional materials, merchandise, social media graphics, and other materials as needed.
- Prepare and process digital files in a variety of formats for various uses.
- Quality check files to ensure they meet standards and communicate problems to project managers.
- Maintain strict schedules.
- Communicate status on active jobs.
- Deliver several design options to project managers for each project unless other instructions are given.
- Stay up to date with relevant visual trends.
- Assist with reviewing and approving designs, concepts and sample layouts.
- Work with in-house Design, Production, and Prepress staff on proper file setup as needed.
- Maintain up-to-date files on all projects.
- Backup the Senior Graphic Designers when requested.
- Work closely with the Design Director to solve any workflow and project issues.
- Approve plotter proofs from printer.
To Apply: Please send resume and design portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org